Atlanta Police Department
Emergency Dial "911"
The citizens of Atlanta are served by a highly dedicated, well trained, professional group of police officers and support staff. The department
is led by long-time Police Chief Mike Dupree – Atlantapd101@aol.com.
The mission of the Atlanta Police Department is to protect the lives and property of all persons within the jurisdiction, to promote a safe city where everyone can live in a secure environment. The department seeks to accomplish this mission by:
- Providing the citizens with protection against violent actions of others
- Safeguarding the personal possessions and property of the community
- Becoming a viable entity in the community, be interacting with the public in a manner of professionalism, understanding, and compassion for human problems and needs
- Following fair personnel practices, encouraging professionalism among the department personnel, and developing programs to support career and job satisfaction.
The department operates three shifts in the patrol division as well as an investigative unit and the
administrative division. Each year the department will arrest approximately 400 adults and 150 juveniles
for a variety of offenses.
Generally speaking, Atlanta is a very safe community with a low crime rate. Most
of the criminal offenses are minor in nature. Atlanta’s investigative division is quite
successful and has a crime clearance rate much higher than the state average.
In 2010 the department started a campus resource officer program in coordination with the Atlanta
Independent School District. Officer David Burden will be assigned to Atlanta High School
each day that classes are in session.
You can contact the department:
- Atlanta Police Department
- P.O. Box 669
- Atlanta, TX 75551